Erasmus+ Student Mobility for Placements SMT (Student Mobility Traineeships)
Students of the FH Upper Austria completing a mandatory or voluntary internship in an European country can receive an Erasmus+ scholarship. Each student can spend a maximum of 12 months abroad during each study cycle (=Bachelor's, Master's degree programme, Ph.D.) to complete an internship abroad (SMT).
It is also possible to complete a subsidised internship in the first year after graduation, as long as the application was submitted during the course of studies. The graduate must not be enrolled at any university during such an internship.
Erasmus+ Internship at a Glance
2 - 12 months. The minimum length of 2 months applies to exact dates (e.g. 12.04. - 11.06.)
In any company willing to sign the "Learning Agreement for Traineeships" within the 28 EU member states plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Macedonia and Turkey. Switzerland unfortunately is no Erasmus+ participant any more. Financial support will in some cases be granted by national Swiss means if the internship is done at a Swiss university.
384 - 435 euros per month, depending on host country. For exact scholarships figures for specific countries please click here. For students with special needs there are special allowances.
Information & Application through the International Office on campus.
- Submission of application to international office
- International office confirms viability of internship and nominates student in Erasmus+ data bank
- Upon receipt of registration code (per mail), students register with the data bank
- Erasmus+ authority verifies nomination data and sends out confirmation email
- Prior to start of internship the agreement is signed electronically in the data bank or a printed copy is signed by hand by both parties and sent to Erasmus authority.
- 80% of EU funds and the first instalment of national funds are paid out. National funds are then paid out monthly in instalments.
Documents Required for Application:
Erasmus+ Application for SMT
Deadline: 4 weeks before the start of the internship
Learning Agreement for Traineeships
Deadline: 2 weeks before the nomination date before the internship starts. Nomination dates: 1st and 15th of every month (Example: Internship starts on 1.8. - Learning Agreement must be submitted to International Office by 30.6.)
Please note that you have to collect all signatures (company, student and internship supervisor at FH) before handing the Learning Agreement in!
Students must have health, accident and liability insurance for the duration of their stay abroad as well as a bank account in Austria.
Online Linguistic Support OLS
Students whose main language during the exchange semester will be German, English, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Czech, Danish, Greek, Portuguese, Swedish or Spanish, are required to take an online language assessment before and after their mobility in order to assess their language competences. Students whose main language during the exchange semester is also their native language are exempt from this requirement.
Licenses for online language courses are available upon request.
In the event of an extension of the student internship the student applies for extension at least 4 weeks prior to the original termination date. This application as well as the extension of the training agreement must be signed both by the employer and the head of studies and submitted to the International Office.
Deadline: at the latest 4 weeks ahead of orginal date of termination
- Send original confirmation of stay to Erasmus+ authority in Linz (within 4 weeks); submit copy to the International Office
- Completion of student report in the Erasmus+ data bank within 4 weeks
- Only then will the remaining 20% of EU funds and the last instalment of national funds be paid out
- The student internship has to be confirmed by means of a traineeship certificate (last part of the Learning Agreement for Traineeships), which is supposed to be in concordance with the "Training Agreement". A copy must be submitted to the International Office
- The internship must be credited towards the degree programme within 2 months
Confirmation of StayLearning Agreement for Traineeships (EN) - fill in last part