Erasmus+ Student Mobility for Studies SMS (Student Mobility Studies)
Within the Erasmus+ programme students are enabled to spend three to twelve months of their study time elsewhere in Europe. Both their home institution and the receiving institution must have signed an Erasmus+ cooperation agreement for this purpose. Each student can spend a maximum of 12 months abroad during each study cycle (= Bachelor's, Master's, Ph.D.) to study abroad (SMS) or complete an internship abroad (SMT).
Erasmus+ Study Stays Abroad at a Glance
3 - 12 months (at the earliest in the 3rd semester)
At a FH Upper Austria partner university within the 28 EU member states plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Macedonia and Turkey. Study stays in Switzerland cannot currently be subsidised with Erasmus+ funds, but Switzerland itself offers comparable financial aid to Incomings.
For Austrian students 282 - 333 euros/month, depending on the host country. For exact scholarship figures for specific countries click here.
For students with special needs there are special allowances.
Information & Application
Through the International Office on campus.
- Erasmus+ Data sheet
- Learning Agreement
- Application for Recognition (available at International Office)
Detailed information is available from the website of the Austrian National Agency as well as the International Office on campus.
An Erasmus+ study stay abroad may be extended under certain conditions (albeit only from fall semester to summer semester, not over the summer break).
The Application for Extension has to be handed in at the International Office of your School at least one month prior to the ending date of your already granted mobility window.
- Send original Confirmation of Stay to Erasmus+ authority in Linz (within 4 weeks); submit copy to the International Office
- Completion of student report in the Erasmus+ data bank within 4 weeks
- Only then the remaining installment will be paid.
- The exchange Semester has to be confirmed by means of a Confirmation of Stay as well as the final Learning Agreement (last part - after the mobility). Important: the dates on the confirmation of stay need to match the initially requested dates! Submit copies of both documents to the International Office.
- For credit transfer you need to submit the final Application for Recognition (=Antrag auf Anerkennung).
For the completion:
Application for Recognition (=Antrag auf Anerkennung): available at International Office
Online Linguistic Support OLS
Students whose main language during the exchange semester will be German, English, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Czech, Danish, Greek, Portuguese, Swedish or Spanish, are required to take an online language assessment BEFORE and AFTER their mobility in order to assess their language competences. Students whose main language during the exchange semester is also their native language are exempt from this requirement.
Licenses for online language courses are available upon request.