Grants & Subsidies
There are a number of ways to finance your semester or internship abroad. The most important ones are as follows:
- Erasmus+ SMS (for studies abroad at European partner universities)
- Erasmus+ SMP (for internships abroad within Europe)
- Grants for Study Abroad from the Austrian Federal Authority for Student Aid
- Internationalisation Programme for Students in Upper Austria (IPS)
Other Types of Financial Support
- www.grants.at - Austrian data bank for scholarships and research grants
- ASEM DUO
- Scholarships offered by political foundations, e.g. Julius Raab Foundation
- Marshall Plan Scholarship - for research stays of Austrian students in the USA and exchange students from the USA in Austria. Only for technical study programmes! Further information available from the International Offices Linz, Hagenberg, and Wels.
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Support for students living in Lower Austria, Vorarlberg, Burgenlandhttp://www.burgenland.at/kultur-wissenschaft/wissenschaft/auslandsstipendium/, Tyrol. We are not aware of such funding opportunities for students living in Styria, Vienna, Carinthia or Salzburg.