You want to apply for a study programme in Engineering or Business at the University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria but still miss pre-requisites to study?
We have the perfect solution for you!
The International Foundation Programme (IFP) offers you a focused and tailored preparation for your application to study at the FH Upper Austria.
- are looking for a preparation programme taught in English
- miss sufficient credits in Mathematics, Physics and English to be enrolled in a study programme
- wish to fresh up Mathematics, Physics and English prior to entering a study programme
- do not meet entry requirements for studying in Austria
- wish to brush up their language skills and technical terminology
- want to learn or improve German
After completion of the programme, you are well-prepared for commencing your studies at the University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria. Please note: you will not be automatically accepted but need to apply again for the programme of your choice.
Do you want to continue your studies in Upper Austria after the foundation programme but your desired bachelor programme in English is not offered at FH Upper Austria?
No worries, with a successful completion of the IFP you are also eligible to study at one of our partner universities (University of Applied Sciences Krems www.fh-krems.ac.at/en/study/bachelor/ and University of Applied Sciences St.Pölten www.fhstp.ac.at/bcc).
They offer several bachelor programmes taught 100% in English, giving you a greater variety of study fields to choose from.
For example (there are many more!), the study programme “Creative Computing” offered at FH St.Pölten or the programmes “Medical and Pharmaceutical Biotechnology” or “Informatics” at FH Krems.
Mathematics - 8 semester hours per week (8 SWS)
- Sets of numbers; equations and inequations; linear algebra and geometry; trigonometry and trigonometric functions; complex numbers
- Sequences and series; basic concepts of differential calculus and integral calculus; linear algebra (particularly vectors) and geometry; algebraic structures; introduction to probability calculations, statistics
Physics - 4 semester hours per week (4 SWS)
- Units, Basics of Mechanics: Kinematics, Dynamics, Work and Energy, Statics, Torque
- Thermodynamics, Heat and Energy, Ideal Gas, Electricity, Magnetism, Optics, Oscillations and Waves
English - 2 semester hours per week (2 SWS)
- Morphology and syntax, oral and written expression of technical issues (with and without use of a dictionary), verbal skills (describe, explain, and present technical issues), writing skills (translate, summarize, prepare papers, ...)
German as a Foreign Language - 2 to 4 semester hours per week (2-4 SWS)
- Participation in the A1/A2/B1/B2 (depending on level of skills) language courses
Additional modules - 1 semester hour per week (1st semester)
- Intercultural and social competences
Business English & Presentation Skills
- This course teaches you how to give lively and engaging presentations in an academic context. It will broaden your vocabulary of academic English and will also challenge your spontaneity during academic debates
- Hack the planet! A route towards microcontroller programming using the Arduino-Platform. A self-paced learning course design guiding you to your own project. Instead of an exam you complete this course by presenting your final project consisting of hardware and software (both developed by yourself)
Duration of Studies
- 2 semesters
- 1-semester - end of September - beginning of February
- 2-semester - end of February - beginning of July
- programme fee: EUR 3,700.- /year
Please note: accommodation, travel and living cost to/in Austria are not included in this tuition fee.
- A-Level / High School Diploma or equivalent
(If the Austrian Higher Education Entrance Qualification is not yet met, the required level can be acquired within the International Foundation Programme. In general, A-level is required, but in some cases excellent performance in AS-level and GCSE-level courses might qualify as well)
- good English language skills
English Language Certificate B2 if available (IELTS, Toefl,...)
Only ONLINE APPLICATIONS will be accepted by April 30 at the latest. For EU-citizens and people who can enter Austria visa-free (https://oead.at/fileadmin/Dokumente/oead.at/KIM/Nach_Oesterreich/Einreise_und_Aufenthalt/Datenbank_Einreise_Aufenthalt/Infoblaetter/Englisch/Allgemeine_Info_-_Visumfreie_Einreise_en.pdf) the application deadline is August, 31st. Please use the following link to apply. https://bewerbung.fh-ooe.at/Web/Default.aspx
- Please apply online
- Required documents:
- School-leaving Certificate *
- Certificates from the highest educational level (diplomas, transcript,...)*
- Photocopy of your passport
- Motivation letter
- good knowledge in English Language B2 (Certificates like Ielts, Toefl,Cambridge,... if available)
- optional: German Language Certificates (ÖSD, Göthe,...)
- Application procedure:
- online application
- formal check of prerequisites
- compulsory skype interview
If you want to get to know the International Foundation Programme in more detail, please check out the recording of our latest info talk.
Head of Studies: FH-Prof. DI Dr. Stefan Sunzenauer
Administrative Assistant: Magdalena Gufler, B.Ed.
International Foundation Programme
University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria
4600 Wels, AUSTRIA
Phone: +43 5 0804-43134