Junior - Data Engineer (m/f/x)
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our team. Within our fully funded research project, we are building a new and innovative solution in the logistics sector to help companies visualize and monitor real-time information about their supply chains.
- Supporting to develop scripts for the extraction of structured and non-structured information (e.g. SQL databases, csv, xlsx, xml, txt, web pages and others).
- Design in the approach data models considering best practices regarding efficiency and information security.
- Attempt without support to create dedicated scripts to perform data transformation and store in redundant repositories.
- Evaluate and collaborate in the implementation of solutions for handling big data environments.
- Optimize legacy ETL processes and perform new developments.
- Document the data processing pipelines and manage the code versioning.
- Collaborate with the engineering team in the development or modification of the core existing platforms.
- Contribute to publications
- Take operational responsibility for the components that you develop.
- BSC - Degree in computer science / software engineering
- Experience using Python as programing language focus on data field (e.g. Anaconda, Jupyter Notebook, Pandas, Dask, PySpark, Numpy, Scikit, others).
- Deep understanding of the web scrapping approach, web pages structures and techniques to extract information.
- Experience with the RDBMS and of SQL query language, database optimizations, indexing, replications.
- Experience with NOSQL resources, like ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Apache Cassandra,etc.
- Using of parallelism in the execution of ETL process, execution based on events.
- Data lake principles and practical experience with big data solutions (e.g. Hadoop, Apache Spark)
- Good to have experience in:
- Using of Amazon cloud computing resources like EMR and S3 storage.
- Experience with deployment ETL process in Docker containers.
- Use of Graph Database Neo4j and Cypher query language.
- Experience with secure data at transit and rest (encryption) and techniques for clustering and replication implementation.
- Working in an environment where you constantly experiment and iterate quickly
As the most research-intensive university of applied sciences in Austria, with nearly 6000 students in over 70 degree programs, we teach and research with a strong practical orientation and the highest quality.Thus, we have been providing top education for the next generation for more than 25 years and invest in the future of Upper Austria with great pleasure. Steyr: At the Steyr Campus, we train the managers of tomorrow and score points with what is probably Austria's most beautiful campus, right on the water.
R&D: Our university offers the ideal environment for forward-looking and innovative research projects. With an excellent order volume of about 40 million Euros, more than 500 projects are being carried out with a total of 630 partners from business and society.
The Upper Austrian University of Applied Sciences is a place for people with curiosity and spirit of discovery. Shape the future together with us! #AllAboutYourCareer
The FH Upper Austria stands for equal opportunities and diversity. With this in mind, we specifically invite women/men to apply. For this position, we offer a gross monthly salary (on a full-time basis, 14x per year) starting at EUR 2.600 (depending on eligible prior service).
Salary on a full-time basis: € 2600,-/Monat
Location: FH Upper Austria Campus Steyr | School of Business & Management
Employment Type: Full-time / 40h
Requirements: University or college degree at bachelor level
Contact: FH-Prof. DI (FH) Dr. Markus Gerschberger
Tel.: +43 5 0804 33265