Detailed Information on SAS Business Analytics Specialist - a Joint Certification of FH OOE and SAS
The FH OOE has a cooperation agreement with SAS, a global provider of analytics software. This gives our students the opportunity to gain the "SAS Business Analytics Expert" certification while completing their study program.
SAS – a global analytics software provider
Founded 1976, SAS is a worldwide leader in business analytics software and services and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market. Through innovative solutions, SAS helps customers at more than 83,000 locations to improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster. SAS clients include 91 of the top 100 Fortune Global 1,000 list (2020) and many leading local companies, such as Erste Group, bank99, UNIQA, BAWAG, Pensionsversicherungsanstalt, Statistik Austria, Bundesministerium für Finanzen, voestalpine, Porsche, Spar, Wienerberger, RHI (Magnesita) and many others…
How it works
The SAS specialization consists of 150 hours of SAS learning material. It includes 2 elearning modules:
- SAS Programming:
SAS Base Programming Specialist (2 elearnings and 1 online certification to complete)
- SAS Machine Learning:
Machine Learning Specialist (1 elearning and 1 online certification to complete)
- And a live online SAS Students School (3 days) on topics such as Analytics Trends, Analytics lifecycle, SAS Viya environment, turning data into value, usecases)
Analytics School Series | SAS
It results in a dedicated, jointly signed certificate and badge (FH OOE and SAS). It gets you the SAS skills, the ECTS credits, and an excellent boost in career chances!
Registration and admission
- Register within the registration period for the FH OÖ Electives via MS Forms or write an e-mail to email@example.com
- You can start the courses anytime.
- It is of advantage to start with the live online student school, but not mandatory. You can do it anytime later on (4 times/year)
Register here (with your firstname.lastname@example.org email address):
Analytics School Series 2023 | SAS
Important: Please reserve also the Wednesday morning of the following week for the dedicated FH OOE SAS usecase workshop.
- Enroll in the SAS Skillbuilder for Students Program via “Access SAS Skillbuilder for students” with your email@example.com email address (verification can take some time).
- You will then receive an email from SAS Academics with instructions on how to access the SAS Learning Portal. Please refer also to this SAS Skillbuilder registration document
- Accept the license agreement terms (Green button “Submit”).
- When you enter the learning environment / SAS Skillbuilder, “Get tips” gives you additional info on the platform.
- Support: If you should have any issues with the environment, do not hesitate to contact the SAS Academics team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you are ready to take the certification exam and got the green badge, get in toch with Markus Grau to get a voucher code. Register yourself for the exam (Home based exam). Use your Voucher Code. The process is straight forward and explained in the SAS Skillbuilder Portal and here (PDF Certification Link)
- Please find additional information on Exam Preparation on the SAS Certification:
Base Programming Specialist | SAS
Machine Learning Using SAS Viya | SAS
- After successfully passing the exam, you can contact email@example.com to get the ECTS credits applied towards the general core electives. Please also contact Markus Grau to claim the SAS Specialization badge.
- If you have generic questions about this SAS Specialization or SAS Joint Certification, please contact Markus Grau (firstname.lastname@example.org).