We highly encourage ambitious and motivated international students to apply for this Master's programme. We invite you to take this unique opportunity to expand your international mindset, as there is a high level of demand for this distinct type of skill set on the global energy market. The programme is taught entirely in English, and due to the technical nature of the course material, it is strongly recommended to have a solid understanding of the English language.
Why study at our campus? We want to showcase our highly-acclaimed school and specialised programme, while giving our local students the opportunity to gain necessary international exposure. Our aim is to create a learning environment which can truly match the internationally oriented course content, and in which you can form life-long partnerships with colleagues from around the world. Thus, half of the seats in this programme are specifically devoted to international students.
Non-EU Citizens: May 30th
EU-Citizens: June 30th
- Complete the online application form.
- Upload ALL of the required documents (please see list below) and the filled-in prerequisites sheet. You can only submit your application once all of the required documents have been uploaded. We are particularly interested in the information regarding your academic education (certificates, subjects and hours).
Your application MUST contain scanned copies of the following documents
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor Degree
- Transcript of Records of your Bachelor degree
- Birth Certificate
- Motivation letter (max. 500 words, describe the key features of the SES programme that appeal to you most and what you hope to gain from this experience)
- Recognized English Certificate MUST either be IELTS (min. 6.0) or TOEFL (min. 78 points)
** If your original documents have not been issued in English, please make sure to upload scanned copies of your original documents with certified translations (either in German, English)
- Once your application has been properly uploaded, we will review all of your documents and provide you with appropriate feedback. Only if you meet all of the formal requirements, we will arrange an interview via Skype (approximately 30 minutes in length).
- Once all interviews have been conducted, you will be informed whether or not your application has been successful. This process can take a couple of weeks, and we ask that you remain patient.
Attention: if given preliminary admission, international applicants MUST provide legalized documents – this is done by the Austrian diplomatic representative in your home country - translated to German or English for the following documents:
- Bachelor Degree
- Transcript of Records for Bachelor Degree
** An acceptance letter will only be issued after ALL of the legalized documents have been submitted.
** Please note that in case of admission it is the student's responsibility to complete all necessary Visa requirements for entry and duration of their stay in Austria – please give yourself enough time to finalize all Visa paperwork, as this may take up to 3 months to process. Depending on the mutual agreements between your country and Austria, you may have to take several steps in order to be able to apply for a residence permit/study permit. Please refer to the OeAD homepage for more details. More information regarding your stay in Austria can be found here: Welcome 2 Upper Austria
For more detailed information around international applications, please see the ‘International Degree Seeking Students’ section on our webpage.