First of all we want to encourage ambitious and single-minded international students to apply for this master’s programme. The programme is at a high level, and if you are interested in a professional education and highly motivated to take this unique opportunity we would be very interested to get in contact with you. As the programme is without fees you might ask why we are so interested in international applications. Well, the answer is quite simple: We want to offer our native students a programme with a truly international, let us say multi-cultural atmosphere with international colleagues and international lecturers.
Thus, one third of the seats in the IPM master's programme are devoted to international students. The ultimate choice rests on the submitted application documents and an interview.
non-EU citizens: September 15th (Please note though that the visa process can take up to 3 months)
EU-citizens: Septmeber 15 th
Completed Bachelor's degree (180 ECTS or equivalent) preferably in Engineering or Industrial Design*.
Good English language skills (minimum level B2).
*NOTE: Successful applicants without a Bachelor degree in Engineering or Industrial Design can sign up for a 1 semester preparation under the International Foundation Programme (IFP) and will then commence with the IPM master programme the following semester. More details during the inverview process should the applicant be sucessful.
„Please note that non-EU/EEA citizens will be asked to complete a paid document verification process via the platform uni-assist. The results have to be uploaded together with all other required documents via our application portal in order to submit your application.”
1. Complete the online application form.
2. Upload ALL the required documents (see list below). You can only submit your application if all the required documents are uploaded. We are particularly interested in all information regarding your academic education (certificates, subjects and hours).
Your applications must contain scans of the following documents:
- Bachelor Certificate
- Transcript of Records (of your Bachelor degree)
- Passport and Birth Certificate
- Motivation Letter
- English Certificate (IELTS min. 6.0, TOEFL min. 78)
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate ("A-levels", High School Diploma)
- most recent Bachelor's or Master's Thesis
- Filled prerequisites form
In case your original documents are not issued in English, please make sure to upload scans of your original documents as well as certified translations of those documents.
Please upload scans of your documents before submitting your online application. Please note that only complete applications (containing all above mentioned documents) can be considered!
3. Once your application has been properly uploaded and received, we will then review all of your documents and provide you with appropriate feedback. Only if you meet all of the formal requirements, we will arrange an interview via Skype (approximately 20-30 minutes).
4. We will inform you whether or not your application has been successful within a few weeks after all applicants have been interviewed.
Attention: if given preliminary admission, international applicants MUST provide legalised documents – this is done by the Austrian diplomatic representative in your home country - translated to German or English for the following documents:
- Bachelor Degree
- Transcript of Records for Bachelor Degree
** An acceptance letter will only be issued after ALL of the legalised documents have been received.
** Please note, if admitted to the programme, it is the student's responsibility to complete all necessary Visa requirements for entry and duration of their stay in Austria – please give yourself enough time to finalise all Visa paperwork, as this may take up to 3 months to process. Depending on the mutual agreements between your country and Austria, you may have to take several steps in order to be able to apply for a residence permit/study permit. Please refer to the OeAD homepage for more details. More information pertaining to Austria can be found here: Welcome 2 Upper Austria
For more detailed information regarding international applications, please see the ‘International Degree Seeking Students’ section on our Webpage.