Consistent with the University Mission, the educational objectives for the program Innovation Engineering & Management are to educate engineering managers with interdisciplinary and practical knowledge who:
Make successful careers as engineering managers in industry, non-profit organizations, government, laboratories, consulting companies or academia and research.
Serve the society with their innovations, product and service optimizations within a diverse environment.
Promote a continuous development of professional expertise but also their social knowledge and skills.
The Bachelors's degree programme Innovation Engineering & Management is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org. It therefore commits to attain the following student outcomes:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering & management problems by applying principles of engineering, management, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering management situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering management solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering management judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies