The curriculum is structured as follows:
- Scientific Fundamentals in Mathematics, Statistics and Medicine [11,25 ECTS]
- Technical Methods: Electronics, Biomechanics, Medical Device Software and Materials Technology (3 elective modules out of 4) [30 ECTS]
- Applied Medical Technology: Advanced Imaging and Diagnosis Systems, Clinical Treatment Systems, Prostheses and Rehabilitation Systems [17,5 ECTS]
- Medical Systems Engineering and Project Work. Scientific fundamentals are applied in practise within a professional or scientific project work in close cooperation with a company, research institute or hospital. [31,25 ECTS]
- Master's Thesis: students show the ability to work independently on a scientific based medical engineering topic and present their conclusions and own rationale. [30 ECTS]
So, the Master’s degree programme Medical Engineering qualifies students to work as responsible medical engineers within international markets.