Graduates are prepared for national and international leadership functions in medical product development and placing them into markets as well as for a further scientific career, for example for doctoral studies.
Therefor, medical engineers are working - for example - in development and applied research, engineering production, in the fields of regulatory affairs, quality and product management.
They also serve as qualified advisors and as experts for technical sales and marketing. The health care system needs medical engineers for the acquisition, care and maintenance of medical products. Further employers are the certification authorities and research facilities.
- Applied Research and Medical Technology Development
- Simulation and Optimization of Products and Components
- Production Engineering and Quality Management
- National and International Product Management
- Application Specialists
- Medical Device Consultants
- Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Integration and Installation and Maintenance of Medical Devices and Systems
- Acquisition and Procurement of Medical Products
- Leadership functions in Project Management
- Specialists for technical safety and quality
- Planning equipment and facilities
- Application engineers
- Engineers in developing prototypes and products
- Project Engineers in the fields of Medical Engineering
- Health Technology Assessment