1. How do I apply?
The application process is really quite straightforward. You can apply online.
A complete set of application documents must include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement (objectives, career aspirations, personal interests and plans)
- Copy of your Passport
- Legalized Birth Certificate
- Legalized complete Secondary school leaving certificate or general university entrance qualification
- Legalized Bachelor's degree certificate (including the Diploma Supplement)
- Legalized Official Transcript of Bachelor Degree (or equivalent)
- Legalized Official Transcript of Records (list of all attended/completed courses with indication of grades, contact hours and ECTS credits)
- English Language Certificate (TOEFL or IELTS)
In case your original documents are not issued in English, please make sure to submit scans of your original documents as well as certified translations of those documents.
2. When is the application deadline?
Applicants from EU-member-states: 30 June
Applicants from non-EU-member-states: 31 March
A useful summary of important dates and deadlines can be found in the Application Process section.
3. Will I be interviewed?
All applicants, who meet the entrance requirements, will receive a written invitation to the interview.
Dates for the interview are listed in the Application Process section.
4. What qualifications are acceptable?
Graduates of technical-scientific bachelor's degree programmes in engineering with 180 ECTS points or more are entitled to apply.
Graduates of biomedical engineering programmes must have at least 120 ECTS points in engineering courses
Graduates with technical-scientific degrees than Medical Engineering have to acquire additional credit hours:
- Bachelor mechatronics: up to 15 ECTS
- Bachelor automations: up to 30 ECTS
- Bachelor physics: up to 45 ECTS
- Bachelor computer science: up to 60 ECTS
5. Are my qualifications acceptable?
To check the appropriateness of your qualification please contact the administration office mme(at)fh-linz.at enclosing your bachelor's degree certificate and transcript of records (brief details of the courses that you have taken/are taken, together with your achieved grades).
6. Do I need an English language certification?
It is essential that your English language skills are good enough for you to undertake an intensive and challenging academic course that is taught and examined in English. As a result if your first language is not English you will be asked to submit an English language certification.
More information about acceptable English language certifications can be found in the Application Process section.