Whether it is culture, sports or culinary pleasures – „It all starts in Linz“ – or so says a traditional slogan coined about our city. Its truth content is put to the test on a daily basis as theater and opera performances as well as football events featuring the traditional clubs LASK and Blau Weiß Linz unfold, as stand-up comedians entertain their audiences at the Posthof and bars offer live music, as cafés around the wonderfully historic main square change their settings along with the different times of day and the many smaller and bigger stores of the inner city offer anything your heart might desire.
The pulse of life in Linz all year round is enhanced by many special events. Some of them are singular occurrences, other formats have established themselves in the regular event calendar of this city and recur periodically.
Enjoy world-class orchestra performances at the Brucknerfest, look into the future of technology and society with Ars Electronica or team up with fellow studetns to participate in the relay race at the Linz marathon. Linz offers something for everyone.
The most renowned events in Linz are
- Brucknerfest – classical music, September/October
- Crossing Europe – European film festival, April
- Pflasterspektakel – street art festival, July
- Linz marathon with half and relay marathon – April
- CSIO - international riding tournament, April
- Linz Ladies – international ladies´ tennis tournament, October
- Traditional Christkindl markets – Christmas feeling in the city, November/December
- Ars Electronica – arts and technology, September
- Small arts festival in Posthof – small arts, October/November
- Long Night of Chruches – art and religion, June
- Long Night of Museums – Austria-wide special event for museums, October
- Long Night of Theaters – theater city Linz opens its doors, November
- Kepler Salon – talks with celebrities and experts on a large variety of topics, ongoing throughout the year
Please refer to the following link for an overview of all current events in Linz: