Welcome students from Vietnam!
Have a look, what you need to get accepted at one of our Bachelor's or Master's Degree Programmes at our university:

Entry Requirements

Bachelor’s degree program

Senior high school diploma (Bằng tốt nghiệp trung học phổ thông)

High school transcript (Học bạ cấp 3)

Confirmation of 2 years successful studying from a recognized University in Vietnam

Master’s degree program

Bachelor’s degree certificate of the relevant program from a recognized University in Vietnam.

University transcript

* If you have another kind of certificates, and you doubt if they qualify at our University, please, contact the Administration of your chosen degree programme.

Language requirements

Applicants from abroad prove their proficiency in the language(s) of instruction at the time of their application. Depending on the degree programme, language certificates for German (at least B2) or English (B2, Toefl, IELTS certificate) must be presented. For attending the German Preparation Programme A2 Level is required.

International Foundation Programmes

If you don't have the necessary (language) skills yet, or miss sufficient credits in mathematics/phiysics/English for selected sudy degree programmes, FH Upper Austria is happy to offer you an International Foundation Programme. Students will be enrolled as external students during the time of programme. This allows for obtaining visa and student residence permit.


It is your responsibility as a student to take care of visa arrangements. As soon as you receive your Letter of Acceptance, please get an appointment at the Austrian embassy in Hanoi. If you intend to stay for only one semester, it is sufficient to apply for a Visa D (for stays up to 6 month). Degree-seeking students apply for a Residence Permit (for stays of more than 6 months) right from the beginning. Please keep in mind that embassies usually require you to bring additional documents such as proof of health insurance, proof of accommodation and a financial statement.

In case you must go for an entrance examination, you need to apply for a Visa C (travelling visa under 90 days) with the invitation letter from the admission office.


Address: Tòa nhà Prime Centre, 53 Quang Trung, Nguyễn Du, Hai Bà Trưng, Hà Nội, Vietnam


Opening hours:

Sunday            Closed

Monday          10am–12pm

Tuesday          10am–12pm

Wednesday     10am–12pm

Thursday         10am–12pm

Friday              10am–12pm

Saturday          Closed

Phone:   +84 24 3943 3050


NOTE: Vietnamese students can issue a visa type D in Vietnam through the Austrian Embassy in Hanoi. Afterwards, upon arrival to Austria, a regular student can issue a resident permit card “Aufenthaltstitel at the local Magistrat, which will be based on the documents, used for visa D. Application for Aufenthaltstitel costs 160 Euro (plus 40 euro for the card). It is valid for one year and should be prolonged annually.


The following documents (if applicable) must be submitted for a residence permit:

  1. Valid passport (passport must be valid for at least three months beyond date of return)
  2. Copies of previous passports
  3. Consular fee: 160 EUR
  4. Application form, completed and signed (available only in German on the Website of the  
  5. Austrian Federal Ministry of the Interior)
  6. One recent picture (45 x 35 mm, passport format, colour, front view)
  7. Original or notarized copy of birth certificate including apostille
  8. Original Certificate of Good Conduct/Criminal Record with Apostille (available at local police station; not older than three months)
  9. OÖGKK Versicherung (read §3 “Insurance”)
  10. Proof of sufficient financial means (e.g. scholarship, letter of grants, bank statement of last two months, other proof of income)
  11. Proof of registration in Austria (Meldezettel)
  12. Confirmation of admission by the university
  13. Current Study Sheet (Studienbuchblatt)
  14. Students who complete a pre-study course must additionally provide proof of Admission to a regular course of study within 2 years


Please note: All foreign documents can only be accepted with German legally certified translation and prove full diplomatic accreditation of your certificates.

A full diplomatic accreditation must contain the confirmation and stamps of your appropriate Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Bộ Ngoại Giao Việt Nam, 40 Trần Phú, Điện Bàn, Ba Đình, Hà Nội, Vietnam/ Sở Ngoại Vụ Tp.HCM, 6 Alexandre de Rhodes, Bến Nghé, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam)

and the stamp of an Austrian authority (Austrian embassy Hanoi, Austria Honorary Consulate HCMC) for your certificates. We cannot process your application unless you submit these documents to us.

Note: If you hold an international degree from a country member of Hague Convention, you can notarize your degree with the Apostille stamp at the Embassy of that country. For example, if you hold a bachelor’s degree from RMIT University (Australia), you can come to the Australian Embassy in Vietnam to notarize your documents.

What our students from Vietnam say...


Student Ambassador

Nationality: VIETNAMESE
Languages: Vietnamese and English

My name is Quang, a graduated Master student at University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria in Steyr, majored in Global Sales & Marketing. Not in my wildest dream did I think that one day I'd be living and studying in the heart of Europe.The Global Sales & Marketing Programme not provides me insightful knowledge but also hands-on experience about effective sales and marketing strategies particularly for industrial and advanced technology sectors. Moreover, what I treasured most from the program is the international opportunities for which students are highly encouraged to do their semester exchange overseas. Here students can easily gain access to a wide network of University partners all over the world. Personally, I did my semester exchange in Wisconsin, United States and it was an unbelievable time.Within few years of work and studying in such highly international environment, I am more than willing to share some experience and facilitate you for your upcoming adventures.

Partner universities