Welcome, students from Nepal!

Have a look, what you need to get accepted at one of our Bachelor's or Master's Degree Programmes at our university:

Entry Requirements


Higher Secondary (School) Certificate/Intermediate (Examination) Certificate (or confirmation serving as an alternative certificate)

Option 1) HSEB 10+2

Students who have finished the national board (HSEB 10+2) are required to have at least 50%of the total marks in a stream relative to the degree wished to be pursued. All documents are required to be in English.

Option 2) A Levels / IB

Students are required to have at least 50% of the total marks with a subject combination relative to the degree wished to be pursued.

Depending on your educational background and the subject combinations you either qualify for a direct entry in the bachelor's programme or a preparatory course. All documents must be submitted for the application in English and legalized by the Austrian Consulate.


Successfully completed Bachelor’s degree of at least 4 years.

With your educational background, you qualify for direct general admission. This allows you to apply directly to a German higher education institution for academic studies in any subject area.

You are required to have studied as a full-time student at a recognized higher education institution according to the given studies regulations. You are furthermore required to submit a summary of the subjects and marks for each year of study. A degree is only recognized if you submit a (provisional) final degree certificate.

All documents to be submitted for the admission  process must be in English or translated to English by the issuing body and legalized by the Austrian consulate in Nepal.(Legalization by lawyers are not considered valid)


Language Requirements

Applicants from abroad prove their proficiency in the language(s) of instruction at the time of their application. Depending on the degree programme, language certificates for German (C1) or English (B2, Toefl, IELTS certificate) must be presented.


International Foundation Programme

If you don't have the necessary (language) skills yet, or miss sufficient credits in mathematics/phiysics/English for selected sudy degree programmes, FH Upper Austria is happy to offer you an International Foundation Programme. Students will be enrolled as external students during the time of programme. This allows for obtaining visa and student residence permit.


It is your responsibility as a student to take care of visa arrangements. As soon as you receive your Letter of Acceptance, please consult with the Austrian Consulate present in the country for visa application details and checks . ALL VISA APPLICATIONS ARE HANDLED BY THE AUSTRIAN EMBASSY IN DELHI. This means that the submission of the visa application in  Delhi in person is Compulsory.l 

If you intend to stay for one semester only, it is sufficient to apply for a Visa D (for stays up to 6 month). Degree-seeking students apply for a Residence Permit (for stays of more than 6 months) right from the beginning. Embassies require you to bring additional documents such as proof of health insurance, proof of accommodation and a financial statement.

What our students from Nepal say...


Student Ambassador

Nationality: Nepal 
Languages: English 

Hello! My name is Pasang Dorje Sherpa, and I'm from Nepal, the home of the Himalayas. I am currently enrolled in the Electrical Engineering program at FH Campus Wels. My time here has truly been a unique experience. Studying at the FH has proved as a gateway for me to focus on not just the technical and theoretical aspects of academics but also create a diverse and international network of friends and colleagues. Being situated in the centre of Europe studying at the FH has further encouraged me to follow my passion of exploring and indulging in different cultures. I would love to meet new people and share my culture while at the same time learning about yours. I would be more than happy to help you all out with settling in Austria and show you around the best spots. One of my favorite to-do things is going swimming in the Traun river in the freezing cold of winter.
I am always open and keen towards meeting new people. Feel free to reach out!

Partner universities

CountryPartner UniversityPrograms