German Preparation Programme
This two semester-long programme has been designed for applicants, who do not have the necessary German language skills yet to apply for one of the German-taught degree programmes at the University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria. Graduates of this programme have earned the B2-German qualification according to the Common European Framework of References for Languages which is required to apply for all German-taught degree programmes offered.
To apply for the German Preparation Programme, applicants have to provide proof of higer education entrance qualification, A2-level of knowledge in German according to the common European Framework of References for Languages as well as knowledge in English.
Applications can be submitted online by 30 April at the latest.
Interviews are held in German and English.
|German B1- Preparation
|German B2 - Preparation
|Optional subject at one of the four faculties||2-4||2-4|
After completing the German Preparation Programme and the positiv graduation of the regular admission process, students can start immediately a German-taught Bachelor's- or Master's Degree programme.
- Excellent preparation for studying in Austria
- Additional qualification by obtaining an internationally recognised language diploma (ÖSD - Austrian language diploma)
- Ongoing intensive communication with native speakers in the classroom
- Insight into the Austrian culture through personal support of students and additional services provided (culture, sports, events)
- First insights into degree programmes
- A2 level German according to the Common European Framework of References for Languages
- English knowledge
- A-Level / High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Higher Education Entrance Qualification (proof depends on the country of origin; detailed information at www.anabin.de or the Austrian Federal Ministry of Sciences, Research and Economy)
- Application procedure (Interview)
- Language certificate A2 (ÖSD, Goethe, ÖIF)
- School leaving certificate, University or College certificate
- Motivation Letter (preferred in German)
Foreign documents have to show the necessary legislation and must be translated to German or English. Find all legalisation instructions here.
Place of Studies
School of Medical Engineering and Applied Social Sciences, Campus Linz
Duration of Studies
Winter semester: Mid September until mid February
Summer semester: End February until mid July
During the German Preparation Programme all students are members of the FH Upper Austria and receive a student indentity card.
EUR 1,800,- (plus accommodation and living costs).
In order to support our internationalisation policy the state of Upper Austria does not require regular students who meet the entrance requirements to pay tuition.
Phone.:+43 5 0804 54111