Gender & Diversity Management-Conference
The aim of the gender and diversity management conference is to ensure that the vision of diversity as a valuable resource within all university-related processes and structures becomes lived reality.
This inter-faculty and interdisciplinary committee composed of twelve members of all four schools seeks to encourage a positive approach to diversity-related topics and helps to incorporate a supportive organisational culture that stands for innovation, added-value and excellence.
The specific tasks include to
- provide the university management as well as staff and students with expert advice in the fields of gender mainstreaming and diversity management
- establish a network of experts to draw on with regard to anti-discrimination issues, inclusion and all other diversity-related topics
- generate innovative ideas for a heightened awareness of diversity-related issues and activities along the line of the diversity segments of the HEAD Wheel
- serve as a point of contact for concerns regarding unequal treatment and to take appropriate action
- cooperate with other intra- and interorganisational working groups
By depicting all diversity-related fields that Higher Education Institutions (HEI) have to deal with, the HEAD Wheel was conceived as a managerial instrument that allows to define appropriate Diversity Management action and map already implemented measures along the lines of the five segments of diversity, namely demographic, cognitive, disciplinary, functional and institutional diversity. The University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria (FH OÖ) has been using this frame and assigned all its activities in the context of gender mainstreaming and diversity management to these five segments.