This programme has been designed for applicants, who do not have the necessary German language skills yet to apply for one of the German-taught degree programmes at the University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria. Graduates of this programme have earned the C1-German qualification according to the Common European Framework of References for Languages.
To apply for the German Preparation Programme, applicants have to provide proof of higher education entrance qualification, A2-level of knowledge in German according to the common European Framework of References for Languages as well as knowledge in English.
Interviews are held in German and English.
- Excellent preparation for studying in Austria
- Additional qualification by obtaining an internationally recognised language diploma (ÖSD - Austrian language diploma)
- Ongoing intensive communication with native speakers in the classroom
- Insight into the Austrian culture through personal support of students and additional services provided (culture, sports, events)
- First insights into degree programmes
- A2 level German according to the Common European Framework of References for Languages
- A-Level / High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Higher Education Entrance Qualification (proof depends on the country of origin; detailed information at www.anabin.de or the Austrian Federal Ministry of Sciences, Research and Economy)
- Application procedure (Interview)
- good knowledge in English (Language Certificate B2 like IELTS, Toefl will be required for your application for the regular study programmes)
Applications can be submitted online.
- Language certificate A2 (ÖSD, Goethe, ÖIF)
- School leaving certificate, University or College certificate
- Motivation Letter (preferred in German)
- Birth Certificate
Foreign documents have to show the necessary legislation and must be translated to German or English. Find all legalisation instructions here.
School of Engineering, Campus Wels
Winter semester: End of September until Beginning of February
Summer semester: End of February until Beginning of July
During the German Preparation Programme all students are members of the FH Upper Austria and receive a student indentity card.
Study Programme Costs:
- programme fee: EUR 3600/1.5 years
Please note: accommodation, travel and living cost to/in Austria are not included in this tuition fee.
Elisabeth Ebetsberger, BA
Phone.:+43 5 0804 ext. 43134