Our strong commitment to quality in teaching and research is the basis for our leading position as the largest and most research-oriented University of Applied Sciences in Austria.
- Convincing our stakeholders – professional institutions, educational politics and society at large – with excellence in quality
- Aligning the profiles and structures of our study programmes and curricula with current professional trends and developments
- Ensuring the professional orientation and employability of our graduates
- Connecting the FH Upper Austria to international scientific communities and being recognized as a valuable contributor
- Collaborating and cooperating closely with partners in the occupational fields and establishing ourselves as a valuable contact
- Following a consistent path of structural, organizational and personnel development
The development of the FH Upper Austria is in line with the legal framework and principles of the Fachhochschule Studies Act (FHStG) idgF , the University Quality Assurance Act (HS-QSG) idgF , the pertinent odinances and guidelines of the Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (AQ Austria) as well as the European standards and guidelines for quality assurance at universities (ENQA European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education). Furthermore, our strategic positioning is in concordance with public financing and development plans (funding conditions) and the regional development strategies of the Province of Upper Austria.
Besides all these formal framework conditions, the FH Upper Austria recognizes pedagogical/didactic and scientific norms and expectations as well as suggestions from additional stakeholders (e.g. companies as employers of our graduates) in its understanding and management of quality.
In accordance with these guidelines, the FH Upper Austria aims to follow a transparent form of quality management, which takes into account all aspects of a well-documented and transparent quality strategy and a successfully implemented quality management system. The structural depiction of our quality assurance processes explicitly underlines the quality of our work .