The FH OÖ Management GmbH holding company, which is responsible for strategic and management decisions, heads the following subsidiaries:
- For teaching - FH OÖ Studienbetriebs GmbH
- For research - FH OÖ Forschungs & Entwicklungs GmbH and
- For infrastructure - FH OÖ Immobilien GmbH
- For technology - FH OÖ IT GmbH
Responsibility for the integration into society, science and industry is carried by an advisory board.
The University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria is in 98% ownership of the federal province of Upper Austria, the remaining 2% is in the hands of the four communities each owning a half per cent respectively.