The University of Applied Sciences academic council consists of 18 members and is made up as follows:
em. o. Univ.-Prof. DI Dr. Gustav Pomberger
Phone: +43 5 0804 54150
FH-Prof. DI Dr. Heinz Dobler
Phone: +43 5 0804 22020
Mag. Veronika Hofinger
Phone: +43 5 0804 54140
FH-Prof. Mag. Dr. Josef Altmann
FH-Prof. DI Dr. Thomas Müller-Wipperfürth
FH-Prof. DI Dr. Thomas Reiter
Dipl.oec.troph Claudia Probst Ph.D.
FH-Prof. DI Dr. Margarethe Überwimmer
FH-Prof. DI Dr. Martin Zauner MSc
Priv. Doz. FH-Prof. DI (FH) Klaus Altendorfer PhD
FH-Prof. Mag. Dr. Stefan Hinterholzer
FH-Prof. Priv.-Doz. DI Dr. Klaus Schiefermayr
FH-Prof. PD DI Dr. Wolfgang Steiner
Charlotte Sweet MA MA
FH-Prof. Mag. Dr. Gerold Wagner
Ing. Patrick Meier BSc
In accordance with Section 10 (3) FHStG as amended, the university of applied sciences has the following competencies and tasks:
- The management as well as the deputy on the basis of a three-way proposal by the provider. With the approval of the university, this proposal may be reduced to two persons.
It deliberates and decides on
- on application to the funding body to propose that the provider’s management, or deputy, be relieved from office in the event of these having grossly violated or neglected their duties or of no longer being capable of fulfilling their duties.
- changes concerning accredited programmes in agreement with the course-providing body;
- the establishment and discontinuation of study courses and courses of further education in agreement with the course-providing body
- the application for the budget (investment, material and personnel costs) to the course providing body
- proposals for recruitment and dismissal of teaching and research staff to the course-providing-body
- the awarding and revocation of academic degrees, the nostrification of foreign academic degrees and, in agreement with the provider, the conferral of academic honours which are customary within the university system
- the adoption of rules of procedure and statutes in agreement with the course-providing body
- over complaints against decisions by the course directors
- the entire teaching process in terms of content.
- the evaluation of the entire teaching process including examination regulations and curricula.
The head of the academic council according to Section 10 (4) FHStG as amended is responsible for
- the issuing of instructions, in so far as they are persons working full time, to members of the teaching and research staff on the nature and extent of their teaching duties, to the extent that this is necessary for properly maintaining the course of study in accordance with the curricula.
- the granting of teaching assignments on the basis of proposals or following consultation with the teaching board.
- representing the university externally.
- implementing the decisions of the university.