The University of Applied Sciences academic council consists of 18 members and is made up as follows:
em. o. Univ.-Prof. DI Dr. Gustav Pomberger
Phone: +43 5 0804 54150
FH-Prof. DI Dr. Heinz Dobler
Phone: +43 5 0804 22020
Mag. Veronika Hofinger
Phone: +43 5 0804 54140
FH-Prof. Mag. Dr. Josef Altmann
FH-Prof. DI Dr. Thomas Müller-Wipperfürth
FH-Prof. DI Dr. Thomas Reiter
Dipl.oec.troph Claudia Probst Ph.D.
FH-Prof. DI Dr. Margarethe Überwimmer
FH-Prof. DI Dr. Martin Zauner MSc
Priv. Doz. FH-Prof. DI (FH) Klaus Altendorfer PhD
FH-Prof. Mag. Dr. Stefan Hinterholzer
FH-Prof. Priv.-Doz. DI Dr. Klaus Schiefermayr
FH-Prof. PD DI Dr. Wolfgang Steiner
Charlotte Sweet MA MA
FH-Prof. Mag. Dr. Gerold Wagner
Ing. Patrick Meier BSc
In accordance with Section 10 (3) FHG as amended, the university of applied sciences has the following competencies and tasks:
- The management as well as the deputy on the basis of a three-way proposal by the provider. With the approval of the university, this proposal may be reduced to two persons.
It deliberates and decides on
- on application to the funding body to propose that the provider’s management, or deputy, be relieved from office in the event of these having grossly violated or neglected their duties or of no longer being capable of fulfilling their duties.
- changes concerning accredited programmes in agreement with the course-providing body;
- the establishment and discontinuation of study courses and courses of further education in agreement with the course-providing body
- the application for the budget (investment, material and personnel costs) to the course providing body
- strategic development in consultation with the provider of teaching, applied research and internationalisation to ensure competence- and future-oriented studies at a university level;
- awarding academic honours common in the university system in consultation with the provider;
- the adoption of rules of procedure and statutes in agreement with the course-providing body
- over complaints against decisions by the course directors
- the entire teaching process in terms of content.
- assuring the quality of teaching and research as well as evaluating all teaching, including examination rules and curricula;
The head of the academic council according to Section 10 (4) FHG as amended is responsible for
- If employed on a full-time basis, the commissioning of and giving instructions to members of the teaching and research staff to ensure that teaching is carried out in an orderly manner and to guarantee a high-quality practice-oriented education at university level as well as, within the framework of quality assurance, the commissioning of and giving technical instructions to the programme directors and the heads of the academic organisational units;
- assignment of lectureships on the basis of proposals by or in consultation with the university of applied sciences board;
- external representation of the university of applied sciences board as well as the execution of decisions of the university of applied sciences board.
- awarding academic degrees and revoking them as well as deciding on the nostrification of foreign degrees;
- submitting proposals for the heads of the academic organisational units and for teaching and research staff to the provider;
- commissioning of and participating in external quality assurance procedures in consultation with the provider.